As part of the continued improvements for the Xbox Music app for WP 8.1, Microsoft have just released a new update for the app that brings a number of new fixes and greatly improves stability and speed. The full changelog can be seen below:
- It’s easier than ever to start playback of your favorite tunes via our new Recent Plays feature!
- You can let your kids play music worry free, now that we’ve added support for music in Kid’s Corner (Requires Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1)
- It’s noticeably faster to launch & navigate about the app, particularly the songs, artists, and albums pages
We also fixed several significant bugs, with a focus on:
- Album art & metadata reliability (more to come here!)
- Unexpected app exits & some black screens
- Playlists now shuffle from everywhere (not just first 100)
It seems Microsoft are slowly getting their work together with the Xbox music app, bringing back to the performance that we had in WP8 and WP 7, this update seems to be the one that was promised to come with the Update 1 for WP 8.1, but never made the deadline in time.
Grab the update from the link below: